Of course you do not have to measure your tank!! Never run out of fuel! Put your home on automatic delivery, let us do this for you and insure you have heat and hot water all year at no additional cost! But if you want to here is the chart!
If you are out of propane tank we must send a service man to do a leak check along with the truck to fill the tank, please call us right away or email Sclafanim@aol.com
How to measure your oil (stick) a tank:
If you do not have a gauge and must measure the tank using a stick, lower your stick into the underground tank, please do not let the stick drop abruptly and bang the bottom of the tank. If the stick does not reach the bottom, you may drill a hole in the top and tie a rope to the stick, be sure it settles nicely on the bottom. Sticks are available in our offices or the driver can bring it when he makes your delivery. Pull the stick up and read the "oil mark". This is where the stick comes up wet (between the dry part and the wet part) is the reading. You must know your tank size and follow the chart above. If you have, for example, 7 inches in a standard 44": 275 tank, you have 32 gallons left. Fill lines rarely go to the bottom of the tank chances are you are out of fuel. Place your order!
You may use the above chart for all standard tanks sold in this region. Remember tanks are not level in the ground nor are they manufactured perfectly. When you stick your tank before and after a delivery you should be fairly accurate, within five gallons. All tanks are different some are taller or wider than spec. Adjust your math accordingly. All of our meters are sealed by weights and measures and the meter readings and deliveries are sequenced and are taken each shift. Your meter stamp is exact. If you need a specialized chart because your tank is a different size, email us or call us, and we will be sure to send you one. Remember "when it's on a quarter it's time to reorder"!
Please be sure to have us tune your system every year and avoid having a problem! Emergency Tips:If your oil burner will not start:
1. Check the thermostat: Make sure that the thermostat is set at the proper temperature, the burner will not start unless the reading is three degrees above the setting.
2. Check the main electrical burner switch to make sure that it is in the "on" position. Oil burners do not run without electricity.
3. Check your fuses or breakers. If your fuses are blown replace them. If the breaker is tripped reset it.
4. If the boiler has a low water cut out, make sure the glass gauge is at the water line. If the level is low, open the water feed valve until the correct level is reached
5. Check the pressure gauge, if the pressure or temperature is high, the limit control may have stopped the burner. The burner will restart automatically as soon as the pressure or temperature drops below the allowed limit
6. Check your fuel oil, feed lines rarely go to the bottom of tanks. If you are out of fuel your burner will not restart until a delivery is made. Call our telephone number, if it is after hours a service man can bring you some oil to get through the night and the truck will deliver the next day. You may, in an emergency only, put ten gallons of diesel or kerosene, available at most gas/service stations into your tank to keep you running until the truck arrives. Do this only in an emergency. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us and put your home on automatic delivery or automatic reminder service: this is a free service for our customers. If you have oil in your tank, press the reset button, usually on the box on the side or front of the furnace. Press the button only once! If your burner still does not start, call us and a service man will assist you.
Remember to have your furnace cleaned and tuned up once a year for maximum efficiency. Put yourself on automatic delivery. You still pay the lowest prices and this will save you 99.9% of possible problems.
Located 52 Croton Falls Road, Mahopac, New York 10541
Serving Northern Westchester, Southern Dutchess and Putnam Counties!
We are number one because our customers come first!